Saturday, November 28, 2015

Special Christmas Edition


I'm foregoing the usual goofy fun this week for a special Christmas edition.  Not to sound too cliche, but there's something beautiful about Christmas.  Maybe it's because of the memories of that Christmas "magic" we felt as a child. Maybe it's because as we transition from youth to adult we change our viewpoint from "me" to "you".  Maybe it's because of our vulnerability that comes from the extreme highs and lows that we seem to experience around this time of year.  Maybe it's because we think more of Christ.  There are those who would say that thoughts of Christ can't be it since they don't share that belief and yet they still love Christmas.  Maybe.  

I've put together a list of songs that have at one point or another stirred my heart and moistened my eyes.  Who knows what these carols will speak to you?  But, I'm guessing at some instance, you'll have a thought to do something good.  I would simply encourage you to follow through by acting on that thought and if you do, I am confident that then you'll feel the true Spirit of Christmas.  Thank you for listening.  It really does mean a lot to me. 

I Wonder as I Wander.  Rutter, Cambridge Singers.


The King's Singers - Greensleeves


Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - John Denver & Rowlf the Dog


Pentatonix.  Mary Did You Know.


Carol of the Bells.  Mormon Tabernacle Choir. 


Bing Crosby & David Bowie - Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy 1977


O Come O Come Emanuel.  Vocal Point.


No comments:

Post a Comment