Saturday, October 24, 2015

1989's Top 5 Songs




Time to say goodbye to the 80s.  We started the 80s with some rebellious, independent songs.  So, a good way to end it is with another:  Bobby Brown's My Prerogative.  Bobby's biggest and best tune.


Next is R.E.M.'s Stand. Great group dance song - except this video doesn't show the dance :(.


Young M.C.'s Bust A Move.  Nice groove.


Roxette.  The Look.  This wasn't Roxette's biggest hit, but I believe it was their coolest.


Milli Vanilli.  Blame It On The Rain.  Turns out these guys were lip syncing.  It was quite the scandal.  It's admittedly the only reason their in the top 5.  I thought the music was okay - but the guys bugged me.  So, I almost liked the music better knowing that it wasn't these guys.



Honorable Mention:
Chicago.  Look Away.  #1 song for the year.  My friend who was a Chicago freak would be so proud.
Boy Meets Girl.  Waiting For A Star To Fall.  Cute.  Romantic. Catchy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhxF9Qg5mOU

Fine Young Cannibals. She drives me crazy.  Unique voice in a song that gets stuck in your head.  Your welcome or I'm sorry depending on if you like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8

When In Rome.  This Promise.  How did I not put this in the top 5?
Paula Abdul.  Straight Up.  My peer pressure pick of the week since she had 2 in top 6.  But, honestly, good song, nice video - deserves to be here.  Maybe top 5.  Probably better than Milli Vanilli anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1kgCqD7Xk

No comments:

Post a Comment